Unemployment Compensation (UCX)

The UCX Program provides unemployment insurance protection to ex-servicemembers of all ranks who served in the Armed Forces of the United States and who meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • You were on active duty with a branch of the U.S. military. You may be entitled to benefits based on that service.
  • You must have been separated under honorable conditions.
  • There is no payroll deduction from your wages for unemployment insurance protection. Benefits are paid for by the various branches of the military.

Your state employment office handles unemployment compensation. Benefits vary from state to state. Only the office where you apply will be able to tell you the amount and duration of your entitlement. Your nearest state unemployment office can be found in your local telephone directory. To receive unemployment compensation, you must apply.

To apply, you must bring your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214), your social security card, and your military and/or civilian job history or resume.

For more information about unemployment compensation, visit: http://oui.doleta.gov. You can also call the Department of Labor at: 1-877-US-2JOBS