The Military has a wide variety of benefits ranging from complete health care to commissary and exchange shopping. A recent GAO review of active duty military benefits noted that when comparing the types of benefits offered by the military with those offered in the private sector, all the core benefits offered by most private sector firms-retirement pay, health care, life insurance, and paid time off-are offered by the military. In fact, the GAO review found that military benefits in some cases exceed those offered by the private sector.
For more details on Military Compensation handled benefits available to active duty, reserve and retired military members,click on links below, which provides a listing of military benefits and a number of additional useful links.
- Annunity for Certain Military Surviving Spouses
- Death Gratuity
- Former Spouse Protection Act (FSPA)
- New Retired Benefits Program
- Savings Deposit Program (SDP)
- Separation Pay
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Servicemembers Group Life Insurance (SGLI)
- Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
- Unemployment Compensation for Ex-servicemembers (UCX)
Also, various benefits calculators are available at the following locations: